Okay, let’s see a show of hands? How many of us indulged in our kid’s Easter chocolate? Well, I know I had my share, sometimes when nobody was looking, except for God.
This week I have been reflecting on the winter doldrums and the monotony of going to work each day, driving home, maybe making a meal once in a while, and settling in front of the TV till bedtime. During the winter, life can be a real hamster wheel.
I was also reflecting on one of my past posts entitled “Our Bodies are Temples.” https://wsforchrist.com/2013/08/28/our-bodies-are-temples/
Yes, we have the indwelling Christ with us at all times, and this is, of course, an extreme blessing. But what of our shell? Do we take care of our bodies? Do we take control of our emotional well-being?
I, for one, neglect the emotional well-being part of my temple from time to time. 1Corinthians 6:19 can be my personal wake up call. Beginning now, I will take the time to indulge in the good things of life, and be a good steward of the body and mind God blessed me with.
I have a few suggestions for my readers. I will take advantage of many of the suggestions myself:
– Go out to see a stage play from time to time. Or, take a walk in the park. That’s entertaining, and usually free.
– Take a window shopping trip at the dollar store, or purchase a trinket at Bloomingdales, if finances allow.
– Buy tickets to the U2 concert, or attend your local high school’s spring musical.
– Try some Godiva chocolates, or a bag of m&m’s.
– Linger over a cup of Lipton’s tea, or a grande mocha frappacino.
– Break out the Many Kay for a spa evening, or take an Epsom salt foot soak.
The above are all things I like to do. I invite you to make up your own list, and INDULGE. It is part of being a good steward, part of maintaining our temple, and part of enjoying the emotion of happiness God so lavishing blessed us with.
P.S. Today it was suggested to me that I include my email address on my posts. It appears there are several people who would like to have a personal email discussion on some of my posts. I am a good listener, and invite lively discussion. firstname.lastname@example.org